CHICAGO (TUSEN) – Police issued an alert on Wednesday about a series of armed robberies that stretched from Chinatown to Fulton Market through Loop and Streeterville, and north to East Lakeview.
The flights all took place late Monday evening, early Tuesday morning and early Wednesday morning. All incidents involve the thieves pulling up in a Nissan Rogue sport utility vehicle with a Florida license plate.
In each incident, robbers armed with handguns exited the SUV and demanded ownership of the victims before fleeing the scene.
The thefts took place at the following times and locations:
• At 11:20 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of West Hubbard Street;
• At 11:30 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of East Lower North Water Street;
• At 1:53 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of West Elm Street;
• At 12:03 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of North Green Street;
• At 12:05 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North Green Street;
• 12:25 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of East Wacker Drive;
• 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Canal Street;
• At 2:11 a.m. Wednesday in the 2300 block of South Wentworth Avenue;
• At 2:50 a.m. Wednesday in the 3200 block of North Broadway.
The thieves are described as three to five black men and one black woman – all of average height and weight and between the ages of 18 and 25. They all wear black ski masks and black clothes, and drive a white Nissan Rogue SUV. with Florida license plates.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Three Detectives at (312) 744-8263.