Boxpark has vowed to support hero bouncer Julius Francis after revealing he was suspended following his viral punch.
A clip of the ex-boxer and former British heavyweight champion made the rounds on social media after he sparked a rowdy punter at Wembley Boxpark on June 11.
Earlier today, Francis said he was currently unable to work as a bouncer as his license had been suspended by the UK’s Security Industry Authority (SIA).
READ MORE: Former Mike Tyson opponent Julius Francis loses safety license due to Boxpark punch
Speaking to TMZ, Francis said: “What really happened [is] the SIA…they actually suspended my work permit so I can’t work right now anyway.
“So I just try to sort this out, and then I hope [I’ll be] back to the gates as soon as possible, you know, get back to work.”
Now, in a statement to the TUSEN, Boxpark chief operating officer Ben McLaughlin said his company wants Francis back on its team “as soon as possible”.
He also said they were working with the parties involved to get Francis’ appeal “successful”.
McLaughlin’s statement read: “We understand the SIA’s obligation to conduct its investigation ensuring that all licensed professionals are operating within guidelines.
“But following the conclusion of the police and internal investigation, we want a quick outcome and the reinstatement of Julius Francis in our team as soon as possible.
“We are working closely with our security provider to ensure the appeal is granted and all relevant information is provided to facilitate the review.”
The viral clip showed a man wearing a blue durag, who could be heard shouting “f**k you” and “I’ll f**k you up”, becoming aggressive with Boxpark staff while pushing barriers.
For the latest news and stories from around the world from the TUSEN, sign up to our newsletter by clicking here.
The troublemaker then breaks away from the crowd and approaches Francis with his fists raised.
However, the veteran, who once shared a ring with Mike Tyson, delivers a quick right hook, knocking the punter out in one.
The Metropolitan Police have dropped their investigation into the incident.
The TUSEN has contacted Britain’s SIA for comment.