Here’s everything you need to know about the new Citroen C5 Aircross mid-size SUV.
The Citroen C5 Aircross 2021 SUV is available in two variants – Feel and Shine
The highly anticipated Citroen C5 Aircross officially goes on sale in India. It is the French automaker’s first product in the country, which will be sold through the brand’s La Maison dealers in 10 different cities across the country. The mid-size SUV comes as a Completely Knocked Down (CKD) kit and is assembled locally at the automaker’s premises in Tamil Nadu. We have already driven Citroën’s first product to India, you are checking out our full review. We tell you all about the new Citroen C5 Aircross 2021 launched.
Read also: Launch of the Citroën C5 Aircross SUV in India; Prices start at ₹ 29.90 Lakh
- In terms of dimensions, the C5 Aircross measures 4,500mm in length, 2,099mm in width and 1,710mm in height while the wheelbase is 2,730mm. The SUV will be available in four body colors and three two-tone roof options, which includes Pearl White, Cumulus Gray, Tijuca Blue, Perla Nera Black, Pearl White with black roof, Cumulus Gray with black roof, and Tijuca blue with black roof.
- On the exterior front, the Citroen C5 Aircross 2021 receives a signature style grille with a matte black finish and brand emblems finished in chrome reinforcing the aesthetic appeal. It also includes LED vision projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights, front fog lights, two-tone diamond-coated alloy rims, LED side turn signals, side body and wheel arch cladding, crash bar. Robust rear shocks, an integrated spoiler, rear fog lights, raised LED brake light, wraparound LED taillights.
- The interior of the C5 Aircross sports a Metropolitan Gray interior offered with a choice of two trim – gray grained leather and graphite cloth with advanced comfort seats. The SUV receives a 12.3-inch TFT instrument screen, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with mirror screen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a panoramic sunroof, alloy pedals, an audio system. six speakers.
- As for features, the SUV comes with features like dual-zone climate control, steering wheel-mounted audio and phone controls, Citroën embossed steel scuff plates on the front, power button – stop, power tailgate, power driver’s seat, cruise control with speed limiter, and more. In addition, the on-board Air Quality System (AQS) is designed to detect environmental pollution. It automatically filters and purifies the air entering and circulating in the cabin.
- It is equipped with six airbags, ESP, hill descent control, hill start assist, traction control and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS). The SUV also features Grip Control with 5 modes, parking assist, front and rear parking sensors, rear view camera, ISOFIX brackets, electric parking brake, unique coffee break alert, fog lights with static cornering function, automatic unlocking doors and more.
Read also: Technical check: Citroen C5 AirCross is refined but limited
- The Citroen C5 Aircross comes with only one powertrain option, which is the 2.0-liter diesel engine. It is designed to develop a maximum power of 175 hp against the maximum torque of 400 Nm. The transmission functions are handled by an 8-speed automatic transmission which transmits power to the front wheels. The automaker claims that the SUV can return a certified fuel efficiency figure of 18.6 kmpl.
- Prices for the 2021 Citroen C5 Aircross start at ₹ 29.90 lakh for the single-tone Feel variant. The two-tone Feel variant costs ₹ 30.40 lakh while the Shine variants (Mono-tone or Bi-tone) are priced at ₹ 31.90 lakh. (old showroom, Delhi). Be careful, these SUV prices are starting. When it comes to competition, the SUV rivals the Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass and Volkswagen T-Roc.
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow TUSEN.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.