Kieron Pollard will miss the rest of the T20 Blast. Here’s why | Cricket News

0
31

File photo of former West Indies white ball captain Kieron Pollard© BCCI/IPL

Former West Indies all-rounder Kieron Pollard has been left out of the rest of the T20 blast after suffering a left knee injury early in Surrey’s campaign. Kieron Pollard was ruled out of the T20 Blast but should be fit in time to play in the Hundred. Despite treatment, his condition did not improve significantly and so it was decided to seek a surgical opinion. Surrey County Cricket Club signed the former all-rounder last month for their T20 Blast campaign this season.

See also  India vs South Africa T20Is: Arshdeep Singh hones Yorker skills in first training session | Cricket News

Kieron Pollard said: “It’s hugely frustrating as we’ve been a dominant force and I felt like I was part of something special. But I wish the guys the best for the rest of the campaign as I get on. get back in shape and shoot again.”

Alec Stewart, director of cricket at Surrey CCC, said in an official statement: “We are disappointed to lose a player of Kieron’s quality and wish him a speedy recovery.”

See also  Indian umpire Nitin Menon retains spot on ICC's elite panel | Cricket News

Promoted

“Despite the treatment, he did not improve significantly and so it was decided to get a surgical opinion. He underwent a successful operation this [Tuesday] morning that will keep him out of action for the next four to six weeks while he rehabilitates,” the statement added.

Surrey has five games left in the Vitality Blast group stages.

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here