Quinton Simon’s grandmother breaks the silence in a tragic video after her daughter’s arrest


Quinton Simon’s grandmother has broken her silence after her daughter was arrested in connection with the presumed murder of the toddler.

Leilani Simon was arrested and charged on Monday — weeks after the 20-month-old boy disappeared in Georgia.


Billie Jo Howell has broken her silence after her daughter Leilani Simon was arrestedCredit: TikTok/billiejohowell
Quinton Simon was last seen on October 5


Quinton Simon was last seen on October 5Credit: Facebook/billie.betterton

A TikToker asked Quinton’s grandmother Billie Jo Howell, “Why did you shelter Leilani when she knew she had been killing Quinton all along?”

Through tears she replied, “Why would you assume I did? I’ve lost so much, but nobody cares.”

Little Quinton disappeared from his grandmother’s house in Savannah on October 5.

Leilani was arrested and charged after human remains were found during the extensive search efforts.

Poignant photos reveal that remains were found during the hunt for Quinton Simon

A friend of the family told WTOC that Leilani had checked into a treatment center several weeks ago and Howell learned she was planning to fire herself.

See also  My husband told me he has feelings for a younger woman — what should I do?

The source added that she had to make “one of the hardest decisions of her life” to inform the FBI of Leilani’s plans.

Will Clarke, a senior supervisor for the Savannah FBI, said the agency worked with the Chatham County Police Department to bring Quinton home.

He added: “On Friday, FBI and Chatham County search teams found what we believe to be preliminary partial remains of a human child.”

He said the remains were “immediately sent” for additional testing to determine if they belong to Quinton.

“It could be days before we have final results.”

Chatham police chief Jeff Hadley said the evidence led them to a specific section of a local waste management dump where they believe Quinton’s body was unknowingly dumped.

See also  TuSimple appoints new CEO, replaces ex-boss fired after investigation into ties to Chinese company

He suspected the toddler had been “thrown in a dumpster”.

Chatham County Police informed the family several weeks ago that they believed Quinton was dead and named Leilani as the prime suspect.

A friend of the family told WTOC that Howell has been in daily contact with the FBI since Quinton was reported missing.

In a TUSEN.com call, Howell told the boy’s father, Henry “Bubba” Moss, that she believed Quinton had drowned in the bathtub.

She reportedly said: “I feel, honestly and honestly, Bubba, I’m not going to lie to you, I feel like there’s been an accident.

“I feel like something happened while Quinton was in the bathtub, and he drowned, and they were both high. That’s my theory.”

When Quinton’s father told her on the phone that they “should’ve just gone to the police if something like this happened”, Howell added, “When you’re that high, man, you do stupid things.”

See also  Five areas where Americans saw relief from inflation

On the day Quinton was reported missing, police reported that Leilani’s friend Daniel Youngkin had seen him when he woke up at 6 a.m.

Hadley added: “Mother woke up later and reported the child missing at 9.39am.

The boy’s biological father was not with him during his disappearance.

“The child’s mother and her boyfriend have worked with detectives.”

Court documents reviewed by WJCL showed that the family also disagreed before Quinton’s disappearance.

According to the newspapers, Howell wanted to remove Leilani and Youngkin from her home.

The documents alleged that the couple “damaged” Howell’s property and that Leilani allegedly had a history of stealing from the family.

When and how to watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - check out the iconic lineup
Walmart shooting victims pictured with six-year-old teen 'killed by manager'

Court records obtained by The U.S. Sun revealed that Leilani’s two other children were taken from her mother’s home on October 12 during the search for Quinton.

Child Protective Services removed the children shortly after police identified Leilani as a prime suspect.

Leilani Simon was charged in connection with Quinton's suspected murder


Leilani Simon was charged in connection with Quinton’s suspected murderCredit: The Mega Agency
Investigators combed a landfill while searching for human remains


Investigators combed a landfill while searching for human remainsCredits: Chatham County Police Department


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here