Richard Madeley’s daughter, Chloe, has revealed that her father was “livid”, he couldn’t return to I’m A Celebrity camp after his shock hospitalization Thursday.
In a blow to the show as one of their best signings, the broadcaster, 65, fell ill hours after participating in a grueling trial and cannot return because he shattered the “Covid bubble. ” of the show.
Presenter Chloe, 34, took to Instagram to say that she had spoken to him and that although he was annoyed that he couldn’t come back, he was “totally fine”, before gushing that she was “so proud” of himself.
Family: Richard Madeley’s daughter Chloe revealed her father was “livid” he couldn’t return to I’m A Celebrity camp after his shock hospitalization Thursday (pictured together)
She wrote: “Thanks for all your lovely messages, dad is doing great, we’ve been talking to him all day.
“At the end of the day, he’s just pissed off that he can’t return to camp due to the Covid restrictions.”
She continued, “He did make himself proud though. He worked hard and was her calm, collected, kind and funny self. We are so proud!”
Shame: In a blow to the show as one of their best signings, the broadcaster, 65, fell ill hours after going through a grueling trial and can’t come back because he broke the ” Covid bubble “from the show
Richard was forced to quit the show after being rushed to hospital with an unknown health issue.
In a statement, Richard, who was reportedly treated at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Rhyl, reassured fans that he was “fine” after his health crisis, but confirmed he was due to leave the series after breaking the “Covid bubble” from the series.
Richard said: ‘Hello everyone! Richard here – first just to say I’m absolutely fine. I started to feel sick briefly in the early hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
Statement: Presenter Chloe, 34, took to Instagram to say that she had spoken to him and that although he was annoyed that he couldn’t come back, he was doing “absolutely fine”, before gushing about it. ‘she was “so proud” of him
“By leaving the camp I had therefore broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebrities who remain in the camp.
“Obviously, I’m sorry to be leaving so early, but the safety of all campmates is the number one priority. I’m incredibly excited to see their journey continue… even more at the thought of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle…
“Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but totally unforgettable adventure – I made great friends and honestly had a great time. ”
A spokesperson for I’m A Celebrity added: “Our strict Covid protocols mean that Richard unfortunately had to leave the show as he is no longer in the bubble that celebrities form upon entering the castle.
‘Unforgettable’: Richard revealed he was forced to quit the show after being rushed to hospital and breaking the show’s ‘Covid bubble’
“He was a really brilliant campmate and we thank him for being a part of this series.”
A source also told TUSEN: “Richard is devastated. He was doing his best in the hardships and embracing every aspect of camp life, this is not how he saw his journey end. I’m A Celeb.
“Richard returning to camp would represent too great a risk for the other competitors, who isolated themselves and formed a bubble to protect themselves from a possible Covid-19 epidemic on the set.
“Everyone on the show is going to miss him – he’s been a big part of camp and it’s so disappointing that he can’t come back.”
Raw! The broadcaster, who was paid around £ 200,000 to perform in this year’s competition, fell ill hours after taking part in a grueling trial
Musician DJ Locksmith was thought to have been drafted as a reserve candidate, but no one is ready to replace Richard in the castle.
It is also believed that Richard will still receive his full honorarium for his time on the show, despite only spending four days at the castle.
An ITV spokesperson previously revealed that Richard was hospitalized in the early hours of Thursday morning after falling ill overnight.
They told TUSEN: “Richard was not feeling well in the early morning hours and was immediately seen by our medical team on site.”
They added: “He has since been taken to hospital as a precaution, the health and safety of our campmates is our priority.”
‘Gutted’: Richard, reportedly at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Rhyl, reassured fans he was ‘fine’ after his health crisis in statement
A spokesperson for the Welsh Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 5:43 am this morning, Thursday, November 25, 2021, to report a medical emergency at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Conwy.
“We sent a paramedic in a rapid response car and an emergency ambulance to the scene, and a patient was taken to hospital.”
Following the news of Richard’s hospitalization, his Good Morning Britain co-host Susanna Reid also took to Twitter to offer him her best wishes.
She wrote: ‘Send love – hope it feels good now. Do a brilliant job on #IACGMOOH and support everyone. Get well soon Richard.
Hours earlier, Richard had scored just four stars on his first solo attempt, Kitchen Nightmares, and confessed that the ordeal had left him “frozen”.
He was forced to use his mouth to try and untie some of the knots to retrieve the stars that were hanging from a rope.
As the innards and giblets of the fish fell on him, the presenter struggled to untie the string that carried the stars and, exasperated, said: “Saint Moly”, before the horn sounded again, marking the end of the task.
Speaking of the knot, he said, “Who tied these knots? It’s wet and it’s tight. This one isn’t tight, ”eliciting laughter from Ant and Dec.
“Such a disappointment,” said Richard: “We will have something to eat tonight. I really hoped to do better than that.
A discouraged Richard returned to camp and told them how difficult he found the trial, and the campmates graciously accepted that he only managed to get four stars, which led to a meager dinner. squirrel.
Concern: Richard is said to be in Glan Clwyd hospital after falling ill overnight
At the end of the show, which was broadcast live, Richard was seen alongside the rest of the camp, being told by Ant and Dec that all 10 of them would be heading to the testing area for the last one. challenge.
It was then revealed that soap stars Simon Gregson, 47, and Adam Woodyatt are the two new campmates who will take part in the Castle Scare Fair trial on Thursday night.
Before arriving at the castle, where celebrities typically live on basic rice and bean meals, Richard admitted he hadn’t done any preperation.
He told TUSEN: “Some people say cut back on food, but others say because you are going to lose weight, so put it on. [before you go in]. I did neither.
Still there: In the opening footage of Thursday’s show, which was partially filmed on Wednesday night, Richard could be seen alongside his campmates before being hospitalized
“I am not a big eater, I am a grazer, I do not empty my plate. I worry the most about how I’m going to cope with boredom. That’s why I want people to vote for me to try it out.
Discussing the trials he is most afraid of, Richard confessed, “I don’t have any particular phobias, but the only thing I dread – I’m not very comfortable with heights.”
Before entering the castle, Richard spoke of his willingness to go through the infamous trials.
He added: “I really hope I get voted for the trials. The thing about this program is you don’t have to get into it if you take yourself seriously at a distance. I don’t and I really looking forward to being covered in god knows what! ‘
Richard and his wife Judy share two children, daughter Chloe, 34, and son Jack, 35, and are the grandparents of Jack’s son, Kit.
Before Richard’s appearance on the show was confirmed, it was reported that he had been paid £ 200,000 by ITV bosses, after being targeted by producers on several occasions.
A source told The Sun: “Richard has been questioned year after year, but the timing has never been right. But now, finally, he has said ‘Yes’.
“He’s a favorite of ITV executives. It’s brilliant on screen and screen, so it seemed like the right time to throw caution to the wind and eat animal pieces.
“It’s a fantastic shot and a fan favorite. Once you reassemble it, it goes away – it will earn the castle gold.
Candide: Richard is best known for his long stint as host of This Morning alongside his wife Judy Finnigan, and in recent months he’s been a regular featured on Good Morning Britain.